Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween is on its way

We have the sweetest landlords. They are the cutest couple. They are both in their 60's and very healthy and active. They have a huge farm and are always bringing us vegetables. Two Fridays ago Ray (our landlord) came to cut the grass. I was still not feeling well so I didn't get out of the bed to say hello like I usaully do. When David came home that night he said Ray had left some big pumpkins out in our dirt mound by the grave markers we had put up. The kids were so excited. We thought it was so cute that he had started a little "pumpkin patch" out there in the dirt that we added all our pumkins too. We love the way it looks. Believe it or not it is even more cute when it is cloudy.


The weather has been beautiful these last couple of weeks. I wish I handn't been so sick and tired so we could have enjoyed it more. The kids love being outside. It really started to rain these last couple of days. It is still beautiful to me though (we'll see how we feel in a few months :).

This is last sunday. I think the spiders rank up at the top of the fun crafts the kids have done.
I tried to take a picture of the piano where they ended up, but you can never quite see them.
Left front to right: Jacob (he loves the teeth on his spider), Joelle (she has 3 eyes on there if you can't see them), Emma (her's reminds me of rudolph... love the red nose)
Left back to right: Katie (she had to have a big puff ball hat... that's Katie for you:), Ben (his has a big happy smile... just like him:), and David (the one without a mouth..... not sure what that means exactly :).
David felt like making cupcakes today which everyone enjoyed. He had me buy this fun little kit a few weeks ago. They were so cute.




Some how I missed getting a picture of Joelle eating her cupcake. Rest assured she loved them too :).

3 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

I swear Sar...we totally blog at the same time! The last time I posted, you had just posted right before me, and again tonight...I just finished posting and you had a new post! Anyways...LOVE the "spooky" graveyard!! What a nice landlord! And those spiders are SOOOOOO CUTE! I totally want to make those with my boys! Too bad Halloween is only a week away! Maybe next year!

GlemserFamily said...

How fun!! I love how you guys really get into Halloween. I can't wait to see pics of the kids in their costumes.

Sorry you've been so sick!!!!

Sunflower-6 said...

Your little graveyard is pretty cool and I love the spiders...we will have to try those next year!