Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lets Party!

Last night (Friday) we were invited to a Halloween party at a neighbors house 2 doors down. All the neighbors were invited. We had so much fun. The kids loved getting dressed up for the first time this season. The party was incredible. There was amazing food, decorations, music, laser lights, games, and great company. We felt like we got to know our neighbors a lot better. I wish I had taken my camera. We played a game where we divided into teams and wrapped up one person on our team as a mummy. Our family was a team and our host asked us to wrap up David. The kids did such a good job helping me. We almost won. We were a very close second. It was so much fun. Katie spent the night dancing around in the laser lights to the Halloween music. She came home and kept going on and on about the party. I am glad they had fun. We love our little neighborhood.








Katie was such a stinker when we were getting ready to go. She has 3 costumes that are pretty new and she wouldn't wear any of them. In the end this is the only thing I could get her to wear. She has a long sleeved black shirt to wear with this skirt, but she wanted to only wear the under shirt. We were already running late, so we went with it. I really hope she cooperates better for our ward party tonight :).
I think David makes a great pirate. These are our favorite costumes. We really need new ones though, we have used these for probably the last five years. It is hard to give up a good thing :).

On Monday a storm had come in and it was pretty chilly. We decided to have our first fire for family home evening. Of course my camera can't take a picture without the flash, so you obviously can't get the full effect, but it was magical. When we asked the kids what songs to sing they were picking Christmas songs. It was pretty funny. We even had cider and hot chocolate for our treat. I think they are going to want to do this every week now :).

3 comments:

Nikki said...

How much fun, I miss all of our little gatherings. Maybe I will plan another murder mystery party and you can fly up for it :)Have a great Halloween and tell the kiddos from all of us.

GlemserFamily said...

LOVE the costumes!! You and David are so cute. :)

Laurel Baker said...

That is awesome that you have such nice neighbors! It sounds like it was a fun party! All your kids look so cute in their costumes, especially Jacob!! I love how you could just see his little eyes! You and David looked so cute in your costumes! That is funny that you said you have worn them several times...I don't think I have ever seen you guys wear them before! We must not have been together on Halloween for the past few years!
I hope your Ward party was fun and that you got Katie to dress up! We are having the same issue with Bryce...we have been to 3 Halloween parties now, and each time he has worn something different! Whatever!
Love you, Sar!