Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun with the kids

We woke up on Monday to a fun covering of fog. The kids were so excited you would think it had snowed. Obviously my camera doesn't pick up the fog well, but it was really neat. The first picture is my view out my bedroom window. I love it.

The back yard (of course), so fun! It wasn't even all that cold.
The fog was Monday, on Tuesday I woke up and started feeling sick. I spent the next 4 days totally sick. I finally felt pretty much all better (albeit exhausted) on Saturday, but to give me some much needed alone time, David took the kids out to the Library, the park to launch rockets and the store to pick up dinner (he had to be out of town a little while I was sick and felt really bad about it - not that it was his fault- so he was making up for it..... not to mention the kids were bored to tears after those 4 days). Today (Sunday) the kids were still clamoring for something to do so we broke out some crafts.

We got some Styrofoam balls and spray painted them black. Tomorrow when they are dry we are going to make spiders out of them.

Then we went inside and started painting these little figures David and I pickup up at Michael's.
We had a blast (even David and I). After the boys and Katie were done and had left the table, I took over Katie's (there were only 6 in a box). I don't know why I thought she wouldn't notice, she came in right as I had finished, got mad and spent another 15 min. repainting hers. It was pretty funny. She was actually more proud of hers the second time around.

Emma loves to paint. She was in heaven.
She had asked me to help her paint the back of it the first time around. Maybe that is why I thought she wouldn't mind if I took over after she was done :)
Jake loves his. He keeps saying it is his friend.

Joelle was very careful and did a great job getting in all the nooks and crannies.
Ben was determined that his would be scary. He loves Halloween.

David had a lot of fun painting with the kids. His turned out perfect of course :).

From left to right: Ben's, Katie's, Jacob's.

Emma's, David's, Joelle's

Thank you Michael's for cheap, easy crafts for those of us with no craft ability (talking about myself here - My children would have no fun with crafts if they didn't have stuff like this. I don't know how I hold my head up with sisters and sisters-in-law like I have :).

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick. Love all the crafts. I know your kiddos were on cloud nine.

GlemserFamily said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the spiders!! I especially LOVED that pic of Jake looking so lovingly at his "friend"--too cute!

Laurel Baker said...

That looks like it was so much fun! Your kids all look like they were SOOOOOO into it! They all look so focused on what they were painting! I can't wait to see the spiders too! I am glad you are feeling better!