Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sarah's got talent!

Well, I finally convinced Sarah that she should take some time to develop her talents. It's not that she doesn't have talents, she just has a hard time taking time for herself while there are so many other things that 'need' to be done. I personally don't have a problem taking a break to play the guitar, or look for new recipes. Sarah, on the other hand, feels guilty taking time for herself when the house is still messy or there are other 'things' to do.

Anyway, Sarah and I had a discussion about what she would like to do. She actually has quite a list of things she would like to learn. Sarah would love to go back to school to study psychology, go to cosmetology school, physical therapy, massage therapy, learn to cook better... She has lots of goals in mind. After much discussion, we finally decided that she should start voice lessons to redevelop her voice.

Yesterday, we went down to Tim's studio and talked with him about teaching Sarah voice lessons. It looks like Sarah will start taking lessons on Wednesday nights and I am so excited for her. While we were there, Tim showed us some of the arrangements he is working on. They sounded amazing! It will be nice to hear the sound of Sarah's voice again.

7 comments:

Nikki said...

You have a great voice. Where is that place at.I found someone in QC but she was way expensive. I have always wanted to sing. I am like a died FROG no joke. I am happy for you. You have a great start. I think you have a fantastic voice.

GlemserFamily said...

Sarah, you already have a GREAT voice! I'm excited for you to take time FOR YOURSELF...you deserve it!

rusty and julie thatcher said...

yeah!!!!! Sarah you sing so good and i'm so excited to here you sing again.

Michelle and Taeven Thompson said...

You have one of the most amazing gifts of voice - KUDOS for your decision! Let me know when you are preforming, Taeven and I will be there with bells on :)

nana.amc said...

I love listening to you sing. I am so glad you are doing this. Hopefully I will get to hear you sing, Perhaps you and David can sing, and Emma and Joelle play the piano while I am there.

Katy said...

Yay for Sarah! Seriously, you have a beautiful voice and I'm so happy to see you taking some time to "cultivate" your gifts. Good for you! *And thanks for the compliment, Dave, on Tim's music. Tim is really looking forward to helping Sarah with her voice! :)

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Glad you're taking some time for yourself!