Friday, July 4, 2008

It's Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July! We have had a fun filled day. It started with fruity pebbles for breakfast. We thought that was very patriotic :-). I was very nostalgic today thinking about our past 4ths. Those of you in my family will know what I'm talking about. Those great holidays in Montana where we actually got to use fireworks. I was thinking about when Tim and I would hold a firecracker in our hands light it and throw it -I can't believe mom would let us do that (maybe she didn't know :-). Then when Mike would have our big finale! Do you all remember when he had the 100 missle firework finale and it caught our back yard on fire. It was awesome, Dad was prepared with the hose and buckets of water from the ditch in the front yard. I loved our 4ths in Montana. They were one of my favorite holidays. Then in New Mexico when we would all go to the church super early in the morning for the breakfast and brother Ferguson would be dressed up like Uncle Sam. Then at night we would watch the big firework show at the Space Hall from the church parking lot, or our front yard (sometimes even on the roof of our house). Those were the days. Then it occured to me that these are the days too. My kids might not get to do fireworks like we did, but man did they have fun this year. They were surrounded by aunts and uncles and cousins. What could be better.




1 comment:

Mindy said...

I loved reading out your memories. And you are right...these are the days!