Monday, May 19, 2008

Our new passion!

David and I have recently taken up the guitar. He origianally bought this guitar for himself, but I am telling you when he pulled it out of it's beautiful case it was singing to me. I have never coveted anything that I can reacall, but I wanted this guitar more than I had ever wanted anything. Everytime he would pull it out to play it I felt like it was calling to me saying "I'm not for him, I was made for you! Play me!" Then when we took it to my brothers for him to tune it and give David some guitar tips, I decided to try out a few cords. While I was strumming my brother looked at me and said "Sarah, you look really good with that guitar, it's like it was made for you." At that moment I was sold. I told David that I had been feeling that it should be mine. I actually got pretty possesive and agressive at that point. David said he felt the same way Mike did. That it never really felt like his guitar and that he loved seeing me with it. So there we go, that is how I stole my husbands guitar. He bought himself another one and we lived happily ever after. David is getting really quite good at it. I know a few songs, but I am happy to just sit and strum the few chords I know. I love this pretty little guitar!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! In no time at all you will be playing like a pro.

Hans and Laurel said...

You do look good with it. I think it is great that your learning. There is something about the sound of a guitar. It can be so relaxing or even so powerful. I'm glad that your both learning.

Nikki said...

How neat are you, You are the cutest little thing ever. I want to hear you play.

Kelli said...

I love playing guitar. I only know two songs, but I {love} it!