Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This was a great Thanksgiving. David and I got to spend a lot of quality time together ALONE in the kitchen thanks to Grandma and Grandpa (and Grandpa's iPad). It was so fun to see the kids so happy playing with them. Most of the day was spent playing games (thank you again Grandma and Grandpa). Even David and I got to play a game or two :). I love to watch David cook. He has such a way with food. Everything he touches turns out so good. It must be nice to be so talented.
I don't know which was played more, games or Grandpa's iPad. Jacob and Joelle especially loved it. It is definitely handy to have around.Katie and Grandpa were the best of friends. She took a great nap on Grandpa's lap that day.These pics are so similar, but I love Katie's face in the first one and Grandpa's the second one, so I had to put them both on. I love how much the kids adore Grandma and Grandpa. I am so glad they live close enough to have holidays together.This was my favorite part of the day. Playing "Ticket To Ride" with David, Grandma, and the girls. It was a great game, although I just realized we never figured out who won because the food got done, and David and I had to rush to it at the end of the game. Oh well, it's all about having fun and being grateful. I am so thankful for everything that I have been blessed with. I am so grateful to have such wonderful family members and that David is so blessed with a good job and we are able to support our family. There is always so much to be Thankful for!

4 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

I'm so glad you have a Grandma and Grandpa to be with you on holidays. :) We sure did miss you guys though! Tonight, we were watching the old Glemser home movies and it made us miss you all so much. :)

Laurel Baker said...

What a nice Thanksgiving! I'm sure David's food was awesome! The recipes he gave me got lots of compliments on them! I too am glad that you guys have Mom and Dad close by! Wish we could all be together again! Maybe someday!

nglemser said...

Wow! I have neglected looking at your blog for too long! The pictures are all wonderful. I love the leaf raking activity! They will remember that always.

Thanksgiving was truly wonderful for us too. I think David won the game. (Joelle and I were trying to keep it a secret!)

Can't wait for New Years Eve!

Mindy said...

David is such a good cook! I love all the game playing. It sounds like such a fun holiday!