Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our new house!

Here are some pics of our new house. This first pic is a little dark, but I love that Katie was in it, so I threw it in. This is the living room (obviously). Right behind me is our dinning/school room which I forgot to take a picture of :). I love that room. They left a big long table there which we use for school and we love it.
I love having a gas fireplace. We still have to light it with a match, but it lights up so easily and there is nothing to clean afterwards. It is pretty great.
This is the family room. The door in back leads to David's office. I didn't get a picture in there because it just wouldn't work for some reason.

The kitchen is a little smaller than our last house, but it still works pretty well. I am just so happy to have a gas stove again. Not to mention how handy double ovens are :).

This is my favorite shelf you see when you are standing at the top of the staircase. It is such a fun shelf to decorate!

This is our huge toy room. This was a big seller for the kids. They love that the roof is lowered, so that David and I never want to be in it. They spend a lot of time in this room.
This is the boys room. In this picture the paint looks almost purple to me, but it is actually a very pretty blue. It is a perfect little boy room.And finally a bathroom that can hold all five children. Brushing teeth at night is no longer a big issue.
There is even this great vanity for the girls to get ready at, and not be in the way.
This is the girls room. I was amazed that it took them a whole week to get their Harry Potter posters up. They are quite pleased with this room.
The master bedroom and bathroom are just the right size (not too big and not too small), the only thing missing is a walk-in closet. We do have his and hers closets though, and that works well. Although the house is pretty old it has been well taken care of and we love it. We hope we never have to move from it :).


3 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

I LOVE your new house!!! And, seriously----did you take those pics in one day or a few??? I only ask because it's SUPER CLEAN and no clutter anywhere. (I crave that!! It has never happened in the house I'm in now!)

Laurel Baker said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new house!!! It is AWESOME!!! I would LOVE a toy room like that! The Harry Potter posters in your girls' room are so cute! Can't wait to come visit again!

Mindy said...

Gorgeous! It was so fun to take a virtual tour of your new house. We are all missing you and wishing we could come see your house in person :)