Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snow Days and a Little Bit More

This picture has nothing to do with a snow day, but I love it. Jacob took this picture. This is how Katie looks every morning. She loves "green drink". She and Joelle and I have been having it for about the last year, but I finally got the rest of my kids on board in the last couple of months. I think it is such a yummy way for them to get more fruits and veggies (I just saw that Jon and Heidi's family are doing it too - Awesome!).
A couple of weeks ago I went to a "soup swap." You were supposed to bring 6 one quart containers of soup and you would come home with 6 more of a variety from other women there. I told David that I was going to make chicken noodle soup since it is really the only soup I know how to make. He said "No, no, no. I will make the soup." So here he is at 10:30 on a Friday night (because we had to freeze it to take it to the swap on Saturday) making his delicious "Zuppa Tuscanna." He is so good to me. I love that he would do that for me. I am so dang lucky!
Just as a side note, I am not sure I ever blogged about Valentines day. If I did, bear with me. I love this man. He brought me and the girls this beautiful bouquet of roses. He also brought me home a huge box of chocolates (which I love, but found that they were disappearing faster than I was eating them - Emma and Ben... but mostly Katie :). He also brought the kids 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. He is kind of a sugar freak. He really knows how to make a holiday fun.
2 weeks ago we had to super fun snow days. The first only stuck around for a couple of hours. The kids made a few snowballs and a pretty little snowman, but they loved it. Then toward the end of that week we had a much larger snowfall. It was a blast. The flakes were huge! I love to watch the kids play in the snow.




I love the way bare trees look all covered in snow. I have missed seeing this (although I have realized I am not cut out for tons of snow - I just want to look at it for a little while, have the kids play in it and then have it melt after a couple of days and get back to regular weather).
Samson looked so cute exploring in the snow.
This is the newest addition to our family. Lucky. He is such a sweet little dog. We inherited him from my best friend Mindy. We know they love him and miss him, but we just want them to know that he and Samson are very happy together and that he is doing great!
He is way more used to the snow than Samson is. I love this picture. I think he looks so cute. He is so fun to watch in the snow. He is not really afraid of anything.
David got to telecommute that day, so it worked out great. He had a fantastic snowball fight with the boys and Katie.



Katie really got into it. It was so cute. I still can't get my boys to wear pants. I don't know how they don't freeze. Don't you love Ben's 90's jacket. He has a great new winter coat (just like Jacob's but green) but he loves this jacket. He says it's his "coolest" jacket. He is so funny.
While Dad and the boys had a snowball fight the girls made a very cute snowman in the front yard with our backyard neighbor Andrea. My girls love her. She is the sweetest little thing. They were quite proud of their snowman.
This was Jacob's pride and joy. His great big snowball. I don't know if he actually tried to throw it at anyone. I'll have to ask :).
This was Katie's biggest snow ball. Not bad for a three year old munchkin.

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

Green smoothies...I can't believe your kids will drink them! Mine have only ever taken a sip or two!
What a romantic you married! I miss Dave!!
And SNOW!! What fun! I am with you though...nice too look at and play in for the day, then melt, melt away!! I wish we would have gotten to see some snow this Winter...maybe next year!