Sunday, March 6, 2011

Is she really 10?

I love my little EmmaLee! I cannot believe it has been 10 years since she was my little baby girl. She really ended up having a birthday weekend not just a birthDAY. A while back she asked if we could celebrate her birthday on Saturday instead of Sunday because she wanted to go to Dinner with David and I for her birthday. We said "sure." Then she realized she needed to open her present (she only got one, because she wanted the Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle - those things are expensive, but awesome) on Saturday as well because she wouldn't really get to build the castle if it we waited till Sunday. We went ahead and agreed to this too. Then it turned out that David and Ben and Jake were going to help plant trees Saturday morning with the cub scouts (which was when she was going to open it) so she had to do it Friday night. So to make a long story short (I know, too late) she opened her present (which she had wrapped herself) on Friday, went to dinner with David and I on Saturday, then got to have her favorite dinner and a little present (I couldn't help it :) on Sunday. What a lucky little girl. I hope she enjoyed her 10th birthday weekend. (Don't you love the keys hanging down in the picture. They really spice up our kitchen decor :)

Seriously, I love this little girl. I cannot imagine life without Emma. Originally we had planned on naming her Lindsey Kate, but when she came out we knew she wasn't a Lindsey. It took us until the end of the second day to figure out her name. I had always wanted an Emma, but David didn't. He actually came up with the compromise of EmmaLee. I loved it from the get go. EmmaLee Gail has always suited her.

My girls are really into wrapping their own presents. We always offer to buy their gifts and surprise them, but they would rather get to choose. I love that they still want to have them wrapped though. The only birthday wrap we had was princess wrap from Katie's birthday. Apparently Emma is to old for that so she and Joelle took Christmas wrap and wrapped it inside out and then colored all over it. They were very proud of their wrapping paper. Grandma's gift is the pink one on the left. She always makes her packaging so cute too. My girls take after their grandma I guess. If it was up to me I would probably just hand them the gift with no wrap and wish them a happy birthday.

Inside Grandma's gift was this brown paper packaging that said "For your next trip to our house."
Inside was a notebook and a pencil box with colored pencils so Emma could write about her trips to Grandma's and Grandpa's. There was also a map on the inside cover that shows the way to their house. She loved this gift. She loves to write and is always thinking about her next story.

Grandma and Grandpa also gave her her very own set of Harry Potter books (which my mom got a great deal on - Thank you Mom!) She is very excited to re-read them.
This is what she has been waiting for for months! Ben got Hagrid's Hut for Christmas, but the girls pretty much built it. Everyone has had so much fun playing with it that all they have been asking for are more Harry Potter legos. They have loved putting this castle together and then acting out all the different stories. I love these kind of toys that bring them together :)
Saturday night David and I took Emma to Marie Callender's for dinner. She loved it. She got a the Turkey kids meal and then tried mine and David's too. She is so fun to take out because she loves food as much as I do. She is open to trying all different kinds of food. She pretty much likes everything. While we were there we gave her the love language test out the the 5 love languages for children book. We discovered that her love language is quality time (although I already had that one figured out:). We had great food and some great discussions. She is so fun to be around.
Happy Birthday EmmaLee Gail!

7 comments:

Timothy said...

Emma is so beautiful and is growing up so fast! Miss you guys like crazy. :(

GlemserFamily said...

What a fun weekend!! I wish we could have been there to help celebrate. Emma is looking SO grown up! I hate that we can't all be close anymore, but at least we have eternity!!! (That's what I've been telling myself lately.) Love you guys!!

Laurel Baker said...

I LOVED talking to her last night on the phone! She is so cute! I think it is awesome that your kids are so into Harry Potter! Too bad Disney World is on the other side of the country...your kids would probably LOVE the Harry Potter land thing they have their!

TQ said...

When I read the post title I was thinking, yeah I guess Joelle is getting pretty old...and then realized it was Emma who is ten! I'm probably the worst aunt ever for not knowing when my niece's birthday is, but I'm glad to hear she had a good time.

Nikki said...

HAppy Birthday I can not believe she is 10. Time is flying.

rusty and julie thatcher said...

i can not believe she is already 10! Time flys by!!!! All those pics are so dang cute too! oh by the way you are looking awesome!! Can't wait to see you guys!

nglemser said...

I can still remember when we were looking through the hospital nursery window at that tiny girl. We were discussing her name and EmmaLee just seemed so perfect. She is such a sweet little 10 year old. I just don't want to blink and see that she is 20!

Happy birthday's are so certain at your house! Fun, fun, fun all day!(or all weekend)