Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is anyone sick of ocean pictures yet? :-)

Yes, once again we ventured to yet another beach. It was really windy this time and the breeze was very cold, so we didn't stay at this beach for very long. This was Ocean Side beach. It was small but very pretty. This beach is about 20 min. outside of Tillamook. We went to the cheese factory first, but I forgot to take my camera in. That was so fun. The kids loved taste testing the different cheeses, and we got them each a small ice cream cone. Tillamook ice cream has to be one of the best I have ever had. That is a trip I want to make again soon ;-).




Since the beach was so chilly, we decided to check out the nearby Cape Meares lighthouse. That was very cool. Sadly though, someone had just recently shot at the lighthouse and broke some of the glass and lenses so we weren't aloud to go up into the top part. That was kind of a bummer. It will cost them 15 thousand dollars to fix it, they don't have insurance, and the State won't help them. It is all donations. It was really sad. Why do people do such stupid things. It was still very cool to see. I have never been to a lighthouse.





Jacob is really into having his picture taken lately. It is pretty funny.

I love all the huge rocks in the oceans up here. I think it is so majestic looking.
Look at those white legs of mine, I totally fit in up here, it's great! This bench sat looking over the ocean. So peaceful and beautiful. I really am in love with the area.

1 comment:

nana.amc said...

It is great seeing you at the beach with jackets on! What a difference from Arizona. Do you have much luck finding seashells?