Sunday, August 10, 2008

Katie is One!

Katie turned one on Friday! Where did the time go. She loved her birthday. The kids thought it was so much fun. They all blew out her candle for her.

She was tasting the cake the whole time. It was pretty cute. She would just stick one tiny pointer finger in the frosting then lick it off. Smart little baby.
The she got a real piece and didn't quite know what to do with it.
Didn't take her long to figure it out :).
She loved opening her presents. I hate to be repetitive, but man she's the cutest thing ever!





My mom made Katie this cute little card. Believe it or not Katie actually held it and looked at it for a while. She loves books, so she really liked this. It was her own piece of paper that no one took away. I am just so glad it didn't end up in her mouth.

My little sister Laurel made Katie this sparkly little skirt. My older girls were pretty jealous.

That night after Katie was in bed we went to an adult only sibling and spouse party. It was such a riot. We of course were late because David decided to make 2 deserts instead of one (SO worth it ). We talked and played games till midnight. Good times, good times. We missed you Wendy & Jose and Laurel & Brandon!






4 comments:

Katy said...

That game night was crazy. I still laugh when I think about how intense those silly games became! Sorry I'm not as loud and fun as you guys are...I'll get there! We had so much fun.

Kelli said...

How cute is she!?! Happy Birthday Katie!

A night out for just adults...you rock!

Nikki said...

I can not believe she is one already! Are you sure she is your last? You make cute ones. Ok, what is that a store bought cake? Is Dave ok?

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Katie, and I am so jealous of your game night. No one ever wants to play games with me. Let me rephrase that, Casey's family is not into games therefore I hardly get to play any. And did you not have super cute hair that day? Where is the picture of that?
PS I read twilight in a matter of less than 48 hours. You were right, it's good.