Thursday, March 7, 2013

Emmalee is 12

I can't believe my sweet girl is 12. I remember when she was two and she would pretend she was in Harry Potter casting spells at Joelle (not much has changed there :). Then she was three and she was Frodo and Joelle was Sam. They were so cute together. I am glad they have always been such good friends.
We had a fun day today. She and I and Joelle did a bunch of fun shopping. We all enjoyed lunch at Arby's (minus Dave). I realized after lunch that all Jacob had was a vanilla milk shake. Not quite sure how that happened (sneaky kid :).
In the afternoon, Joelle and I and Emma got all dressed up for our New Beginnings which was all centered around Emma since it was her birthday and she is our only Beehive. David and I took her to dinner at PF Changs while she was all dressed up. While we were at dinner we asked her what she was most excited about turning 12 and/or growing up. She said "I am so excited to go to the temple, I have been waiting for that for so long." I couldn't believe my ears. That might have been one of the best moments of my life as a mother.
New Beginnings was a big hit with Emma and Joelle. They did a little play which was super cute. Emma was in the spotlight the whole time and loved it. She said it was her best birthday ever. I am glad she had fun turning 12.









4 comments:

GlemserFamily said...

Emma is such a beautiful girl....inside and out! I'm so glad she had such an awesome birthday!!

Laurel Baker said...

What a pretty lady she is becoming!!! I'm glad she enjoyed her birthday! How could you not in your family...you guys make them so much fun!!! LOVE and MISS you!!!!

Katy said...

Beautiful Emma!! I can't believe she's 12. I remember the first time I met you guys, when I was just dating Tim, and we came to your house in QC and she was so little! What the heck. Time is going by so fast. Happy Birthday Emma! :)

rusty and julie thatcher said...

I seriously can't believe she is in young womens now! Crazy!! So glad she had such a good Birthday! All your kids look so big now. Miss all of them!