Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gotta love Michaels

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I love cheap easy crafts from Micheal's. I know that to anyone with any actual craft ability these are not real crafts, but for my family they are as good as it gets. Joelle and Emma did this little Thanksgiving scene. They had a blast with it.
Ben has been bugging us to make a volcano for months (since the last one we made when we first moved here - when will this fascination with volcanoes end? :). I picked this up on clearance at Michael's for 5 bucks. He loved it. I couldn't figure the thing out. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out with him and then gave up and told him to wait for Dad. David is great. It just took some careful precision with a hot glue gun (instead of the glue it came with that I was trying to use) and it turned out great. Ben loved it. He did all the trees and stones and most of the lava. Thank you David for being such a great, patient Dad. What would I do without you :)!?


1 comment:

GlemserFamily said...

Those turned out AWESOME! I need to look for those--my kids would love them too. :)